• Over $24,000 in ticket sales revenue
• 18.1+ million impressions
• Over 2,000 unique leads
• Up to 22% increase in social media likes
• 4th Most followed college bowl game
Objective → Increase ticket sales revenue and create engagement among fans area while supporting the Tampa Bay area.
Targets → We selected three target groups during their active phase of the college football season.
• Regular Season: SEC/B1G Ten fans and others who showed interest in pages related to the state of Florida.
• Postseason: Florida Gators and Iowa Hawkeyes fans across the nation. A separate local campaign targeted users in Southwest Florida who hailed from either the east coast or Midwest.
• Bowl Week: Florida Gators and Iowa Hawkeyes fans were geo-targeted in a campaign that reached users in local areas during the Tampa Bay Bucs game in Raymond James Stadium.
Process & Execution:
1.) The “Predict for Paradise” Social Media Contest
This was designed to offer weekly entry into a season-long, “pick em” contest where users select the winners of 10 SEC and BIG Ten conference matchups. Each week, a prize was awarded to a winner selected at random regardless of the amount of correct entries submitted. The more correct picks made per week, the more entries participating fans received for both the weekly prizes and the grand prize–which included two free tickets to the 2017 Outback Bowl. Users also could accumulate extra entries by sharing their results and referring their friends via social media.
• Over 2,600 leads generated, Social reach increased by nearly one million users
• We worked closely with both Bloomin’ Brands and Visit Florida to promote #LoveFL. This campaign prompted user entry for the chance for 2017 Outback Bowl game tickets and time on the jumbotron during the game. For entry, users were asked to take a selfie on their way to Florida or tag a post supporting their team with “#LoveFL”
2.) Highly Targeted Social Ad Campaigns
Throughout the regular season, we targeted fans of teams with a high chance of playing in the 2017 Outback Bowl. Ads directing users to “like” the Outback Bowl Facebook page helped increase website traffic. We switched to a local targeting strategy during the postseason that allowed the Outback Bowl to reach fans with custom ads for each team. We pivoted our strategy to reach Tampa Bay locals who were searching for a fun Bay area experience.
3.) Highly Targeted Digital Advertising
Geo-targeting local football fans around Raymond James Stadium a week prior to the game was the final phase of our ad strategy. Fans in local bars saw ticket ads on their mobile devices while browsing websites and mobile apps. This campaign allowed us to capture the most avid football fans in Tampa Bay in a place they were most comfortable–during a Bucs game.
4.) Bowl Week & Game Day Event Coverage
More than 10 bowl-week events were streamed live and featured on social media as the week’s events unfolded. Live social media posts resulted in large engagement rates and reached millions of users during the events.
• Our event team supported live coverage of the pre-game events such as tailgating, player arrivals, and warm-ups along with live game updates and fan engagements. We ended the day with live coverage of the post-game press conference and trophy presentation.