U22 Social Media Campaign
In June 09, CEA Marketing Group met with GTE Federal Credit Union to come up with a way to promote their new product, U22, a checking account for 12 to 22 year olds. Even though they were a financial institution, typically very conservative advertisers, GTE FCU was anxious to integrate social media in to their marketing. Over the course of the last 3 months, CEA and GTE FCU have launched a comprehensive social strategy that includes most of the major social media platforms as well as traditional advertising.
Here are some of the main components of the U22 online campaign:
Check out U22’s featured story on TheFinancialBrand.com.
Microsite - www.U224U.com
- Visitors can connect with 4 distinct U22 personalities, including Alex, our Open Casting Call Winner!
- On Alex’s page you can watch his auditions, read his blog, view his video diary, and learn about fun U22 promotions. The site also highlights Suite Caroline, a local singer/songwriter, just 12 years old and on her way to the top. Evan Longoria, U22’s original spokesperson, as well as Kathy, our mom blogger, talking about family and finances, are also featured on the microsite.
- The web site includes video content via YouTube, photos via Flickr and also connects to the official U22 MySpace page.
MySpace - www.myspace.com/myU22
- Compared to other MySpace communities for Credit Unions, U22’s teen friend base is extremely impressive! Download the comparative statistics.
- GTE FCU’s newest promotion focuses on rewarding young adults who have financial goals. By writing a short description, up to 500 words, one lucky entrant will receive up to $1,000 towards realizing their big dream. Rules for entry are located on the U22 MySpace page.
Twitter - twitter.com/U22Updates
- U22 twitter followers total 680 and growing! That’s a great result for a “corporate” financial institution.
YouTube - youtube.com/U22Audition
- During the Open Casting Call, teens 12 to 22 auditioned at the live event or by submitting a video audition on YouTube. The winner Alex has actually never professionally acted before! He was exactly what GTE FCU was looking for.
- We also launched a fan favorite competition post the Open Casting Call period so that the public could decide amongst the U22 contestants who was their #1! Julia, with over 324 views collected between July 7th and July 20th, was the definitive winner.
- Learn about the Open Casting Call at http://www.u224u.com/pages/casting.
DELICIOUS TIPS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
As with anything regarding advertising and marketing, there always seems to be a new "hot must have" product to offer clients. Although it may not be a surprise to some, social media is taking the spotlight these days.
With time, patience and dedication, a social media campaign can virally enhance your company's exposure. Considering you already have a campaign in the works, or are considering jumping into this new media realm, CEA Marketing Group has some "tricks of the trade" to share to help you make it a success.
If any of this is a
blur to you, don't worry! CEA Marketing Group offers many packages available to help you with your
social media campaign.
For a free consultation, give us a call at 727-523-8044 and ask for Kelly.
- Comment Somewhere Else
Aside from the usual social media outlets, think of expanding your horizons and venture to other up-and-coming sites to help maximize your exposure.
- Be a Reporter
By providing insight and your industry's knowledge, people will soon notice you and perhaps you will become their "go to guy" for their next project.
- Ask for Feedback
By asking for comments and urging people to respond, your social media tactics will become a ripple effect as others share and respond to what you're looking for.
- Make the Most of Your Site
With custom backgrounds, funky photos and even videos added into the mix, your social media palette should reflect who you are and what you do. At the same time, it will surely make you stand out from the others.