Just like the ice cream flavor of the week, social media is constantly changing. From custom timelines to tagging photos there is always something new to learn. As a social media content creator and trainer I always find that before I can preach about the latest trends, I need to teach the basics.
What is your goal? Most of our clients’ goals are to build brand awareness, gain followers and turn followers into customers. Before you can feast on success try starting with these 4 basic ingredients.
4 Ingredients to Build Your Twitter
1. Attract a Targeted, Engaged Following
- Two words to live by: be useful – become your followers one stop shop for all their answers in your specialization.
- Focus: remember your passion – you don’t have to be the jack of all trades
2. Build a Community
- Listen Up: follow your timeline and what your community is saying and reply!
- Numbers aren’t everything: it’s not all about how many followers you have. It’s more about the quality of followers or potential clients you can gain
- Show your love: follow your followers back, giving them a shout out on #FF ‘Follow Friday’ and notice their engagement
- Connect with influencers: try out HootSuite
3. Develop Relationships
- Hard way or the highway: it might take more time, but give your followers compliments, don’t just press ‘ReTweet’.
- Sharing an article? Tag the author or news source!
4. Keep Up with the Trends
- Partake in Twitter trends: before you know it followers will be waiting for your #MotivationalMonday tweet to get them through the week.
- Motivational Monday
- Twitter Tuesday
- Would If Wednesday
- TBT (Throwback Thursday)
- FF (Follow Friday)
Now put them all in one Twitter account for 100 degrees and wait for your Twitter success!
Need more? Call me, tweet me if you wanna reach me @doyleb08 #TeamCEA