You May Think You Know Facebook, But You Have No Idea…
One of the many things we hear when training companies on social media strategy is “I know how to run Facebook, so I’m not sure how much more you can teach me.” We never doubt the person saying this doesn’t know Facebook. Everyone knows Facebook. The issue lies in the difference of running a personal Facebook page versus a business page.
Here are 5 things you may not know about Facebook business pages:
- Insights. A business page allows the admins to access all kinds of data. From geo-targeted results from LIKES to how many users not only engaged with your post, but also blindly engaged (a click through that can only be seen by someone managing the page). Without analytics, how do you know if your strategy is working?
- Promoted Posts. You may hate this part. No one wants to pay Facebook to get the word out. But there is no denying; this is how it has to be. When you log on to Facebook, you have the opportunity to see up to 1,500 posts per visit. How does Facebook choose which posts you see? Promotion.
- Limitless Followers. A personal page only allows up to 5,000 friends. A business page on the other hand allows you to continue your growth until you’ve added everyone and their mothers.
- Scheduling. Social media is a full time job. I know this because it is my full time job. One of the greatest things about a business page, is the ability to schedule. Maybe Monday’s are slow days for you. Get all your posts set up on Monday and just let them post themselves throughout the week! (You can even boost while scheduling!)
- Credibility. This last one has nothing to do with a rule that Facebook set up. Its just plain and simple knowledge. By setting up a business page for your business you are telling people you are legit. It shows consumers that you know what you are doing; therefore you must know what you are doing with the product you are selling.
If your fear is that you are losing followers by starting from scratch, it’s not true! Just because someone is a friend with you on Facebook does not make him or her a perfect brand ambassador for you. Let us show you how to gain new LIKES on your business page based on geographic and demographic targets. Make your followers count!
Would you like to know more about Facebook? Give us a call TODAY. 727.523.8044.